Teacher Training with Desirée Rumbaugh & Andrew Rivin – 16 & 17 May 2024
Desiree Rumbaugh is an internationally recognized yoga teacher. She has earned certifications in Iyengar and Anusara Yoga and is an E-RYT and YACEP with Yoga Alliance. She travels the globe offering workshops and retreats, sharing knowledge she has accumulated over the past three decades of working with students of all ages and levels of experience. She is the co-author of “Fearless After Fifty: How to Thrive With Grace, Grit and Yoga” and the creator of the DVD series “Yoga to the Rescue.” She has online classes available through Tintyoga, Yoga Download, Yoga International, Gaia and OMStars. As of March 2021, she is a Pledge Drive Host for PBS, the Public Broadcasting Service in the USA.
Desiree holds fast to the teaching that Love is Stronger Than Fear. Having navigated personal tragedy, she has relied on the study and practice of Yoga to help her move forward in life with inner strength and courage. Known also for her warmth, authenticity and playful sense of humor, Desiree is a master at delivering the complexity of yoga in a down-to-earth, easily understandable way.
She currently resides in San Miguel de Allende Mexico with her husband, Andrew Rivin.
Now you have the opportunity to spend two days with these master teachers. These 2 days will give you a chance to practice on your own body as well as observe and help others. You will begin to understand the reason why we do the poses as well as learning how to help your students make faster progress.
Yoga is a tremendous catalyst for physical, mental and spiritual transformation.
In this training you will learn
– How to observe your students so that you know what they need in order to grow
– How to use poses to feel better physically and emotionally rather than merely attempting to perform them
– How to soften your students hearts and egos enabling them to be more honest and open
– How to use your words and your hands to gently assist them to feel better rather than to just “go further”
– Experience valuable insights about your own body. It is essential for us as yoga teachers to forge our own path skilfully so we can lead others with confidence
This teacher training will consist of 4 hours contact time each day which will give you a total of 8 CPD hours.
Places are limited to just 20.