ONLY 1 PLACE LEFT!
The Samara Yoga School 200hr teacher training is a comprehensive 200-hour Yoga Alliance® Registered Teacher Training led by Sam Mills (ERYT-200). The training is designed for enthusiastic students of yoga who desire a more committed practice and deeper understanding of the yoga pathway in life, as well as those who want to learn the tools of teaching and sharing their deep love for this beautiful ancient system for body, mind and spirit.
The training is spread out over 12 months, allowing you to fully integrate the practices and teachings so that you feel ready to begin your new career of teaching this wonderful practice when you graduate.
In this foundation course, you will have the opportunity to learn anatomy and physiology specifically designed for yoga teaching with two of the top Yoga Anatomy & Physiology teachers in the world!
Our Philosophy teacher is originally from India where she was first introduced to Indian Philosophy in early childhood. She has spent decades immersing herself in all aspects of yoga philosophy and has been lecturing in all the BAVA conferences in London for the past six years on philosophy topics.
We will also be joined by guest teachers who are experts in their fields and Sam will mentor you the whole way and be your principle teacher.
The curriculum includes:
• The study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• The science and art of sequencing
• Hands-on adjustments
• How to observe bodies
• How to use props to improve or modify postures
• Cultivating your voice
• Yoga history and philosophy
• The Five-Elements, Merdians & Seasonal Yoga
• Sanskrit names of postures
• The Business of Yoga
In the safe and relaxed environment of this course you will be given the tools, training and opportunity to teach, as well as the opportunity to observe and assist classes.
Once completed, you will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance for your RYT-200.
Weekend modules will enable you to:
- Teach, teach teach! This course is designed to give each student at least 5 hours of teaching experience as the lead trainer to ensure that every student leaves feeling confident in knowing how to teach and having had ample time and experience to do so!
- Deeply understand the anatomy and physiology of the body and how it directly relates to yoga
- Create effective and empowering classes that inspire and develop your students
- Know how to help your pregnant yoga students
- Lead pranayama, meditation and subtle body practices
- Give clear verbal cues and hands-on adjustments
- Become masterful in the biomechanics of the body by learning precise alignment techniques
- Find Your Voice and your own Unique Teaching Style
Minimum 12 - 18 months regular yoga practice is required. No prior teaching experience necessary, nor do you have to be flexible, injury-free or super athletic!
Requirements: 12 weekends of in-person instruction; 2-5 hours of at-home study per week; personal yoga practice. You will also be required to observe 10 yoga classes; teach at least 10 classes, submit your final assessment based on 10 hours of 1:1 teaching with written notes and feedback from your 1:1 students.
Schedule: Saturdays 10am to 5.30pm and Sundays 9.30am to 5pm
Weekend Dates: 23-24 Sept, 21-22 Oct, 18-19 Nov, 16-17 Dec, 20-21 Jan, 17-18 Feb, 17-18 March, 21-22 April, 19-20 May, 16-17 June, 21-22 July, 15-16 Sept
Venue: Braywick Nature Centre, Hibbert Road, Maidenhead, SL6 2DG
COST: £2,500 (£300 deposit to secure your place and the option of paying the balance in full or £200 per month for 11 months)
* Early Bird Offer: Save £100 by registering before the 31st of April 2017
Tuition includes training and homework handouts. Books and other supplies are not included.
Places are limited to just 10!